Welcome to the Strawtown NatureArt Adventure Box Program
Join the Strawtown community of summer explorers and creators!
for ages 5 – 13 and their families and friends
This summer program is designed by Strawtown Artists & Naturalists for children with their families, grandparents, caregivers and friends to create with nature appreciation, share ideas, and inspire and surprise one another throughout the summer.
The Strawtown NatureArt Adventure Box Program
Inside is over 25 high-quality, choice art materials, assembled in a sleek, waterproof travel Art Box, ready for outdoor adventuring. The program will guide you in bringing the box to life in simple and fun ways!
We have put it all together for you!
The NatureArt Adventure Box is filled with artist and naturalist materials, to last all summer, and beyond. (high-quality materials valued at $150).
- Illustrated Activity Booklet for hands-on nature art experiences.
- The curating artist’s list of included materials and tips on how to work with them.
- 6 weekly Zoom workshops for children and families, with activity how-to’s, materials and skills guidance, and time to connect and share. This will be a time to learn and inspire one another, and interact with our artists/educators who love working with children.
- 2 Zoom workshops for parents/caregivers including an orientation with a Q&A, and an introduction to the Strawtown methods for guiding children in nature, plus a post-workshop session with additional guidance on inspiring nature-art connections.
- Unlimited Access to the Zoom workshop recordings.
No worries, no expertise needed! The program is thoughtfully designed for the way children of all ages love to learn, with discovery and hands-on action. Parents and caregivers are provided with everything you need to know, including: how to work with materials, activities, tips on safety, and planning for outdoor time.
What’s in Your Strawtown NatureArt Adventure Box?
First, a tried-and-true travel box, water and impact resistant. Inside is a variety of our favorite artist and naturalist materials from watercolors, pencils, brushes and paper, to modeling clay and colorful beeswax, from strings and craft wire to plant ID cards and a magnifying glass – and a few surprises too! There are over 25 high quality items, each with many applications that come to life with your imagination.
- July 6th: parent/caregiver pre-program Zoom workshop (optional).
- July 7th – August 11th: 6 weekly child & family Zoom workshops, Tuesdays 4:00-5:30pm.
- August 11th: final workshop and virtual exhibition of art and discoveries.
- August 13th: parent/caregiver post-program Zoom workshop (optional).
- $350 per NatureArt Adventure Box Program (for 1-3 people). Includes art box with materials, activities, and all Zoom sessions.
- $100 per Supplemental Art Materials Box. A 2nd box with extra materials, (i.e. duplicates of items that cannot be split or shared). Includes access to all sessions.
Register by June 20 to secure your Art Box prior to the start of the live workshops.
Sign up, refer a friend, and receive a $25 rebate!
Receiving Your NatureArt Adventure Box:
Pick up dates and times TBA.
Shipping available at an additional cost. Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange your preferred shipping method.
Parent/Caregiver Participation (for children under 9):
The art box program will be most successful with adult participation; for demonstrating materials handling, activity preparation, and Zoom workshops which offer how-to’s. With most children, once they learn the skills and materials handling, they can keep-a-going with their own ideas in a self-guided happy way.
Zoom Workshop: You will need access to a device that is connected to Wifi. The sessions will be recorded. If you prefer not to be in view during the session you are welcomed to turn off your video camera feature.