Facilitator Training Program
Need Nature-Connected Adults
Educational Trainings for Our Times
Note:Video footage is from 2019 training. The Fall 2020 training is designed to meet Covid regulations.
Fall 2020 Facilitator Training Program
Now more than ever, there is a calling for caring, trained adults to guide children safely outdoors and provide simple creative activities that help them grow and thrive.
If you love nature, art, and children, welcome to the Strawtown teaching community network. You are needed!
Learn how to create the Nature Art experiences so that more children can find themselves…
- in nature
- in creative expression
- in community
- in making a difference
Join us for this Fall 2020 Facilitator Training Program to learn from the innovative Strawtown teaching team, led by Founder/Director Laurie Seeman and Program Director Joanna Dickey (Who We Are). Gain inspiration, tools, confidence, and on-going support with the teaching network. You will be able to quickly provide the creative nature-connection experiences wherever you are!
“The multi-dimensional thinking is a well-spring for teaching.”
– Participant from Facilitator Training, Nov. 2019
For all who are looking to bring children into a natural, holistic world of learning:
- teaching artists / creatives
- educators / facilitators
- parents / grandparents
- learning pod leaders
- community center leaders
Gain insights from our 20+ years of leading nature art programs and developing the place-based education method that children love. In this Strawtown Facilitator Training, you will learn how to integrate the worlds of nature, art and science into fascinating lessons that keep children’s authentic love of learning alive.
Return to your learning group, classroom, organization, or family inspired with new perspectives, practices, materials, and a deeper connection with the natural world.
Your Intensive Training Covers:
- Introduction to the Strawtown principles and methods
- Developing nature appreciation and seeing the world through an artistic lens
- Orienting for place-based education
- Setting up outdoor studios and bringing nature into the home/classroom
- Establishing safety practices
- Encouraging children’s curiosity, skills, and discoveries
- Mentoring children through attentive teaching and dialogue
- Harvesting natural materials and combining with fine art supplies, tools and techniques
- Cultivating creative community relationships
- NatureArt Adventure Box Program
- Access to all Strawtown online video tutorials, activities, and learning extensions through June 2021
- Teaching Network Online Share Space
- 1-Hour Mentoring Phone Call
- Strawtown Studio Certification
- 6 Virtual Sessions: Wednesdays, 7:00pm – 9:00pm,
Oct. 7, 14, 28, Nov. 4, 11, 18
- 2 Full-Day In-person Sessions: Outdoors/Indoors at Strawtown Studio, Marydell, Nyack, NY (with social distancing) Saturdays, 9:00am – 5:00pm,
Oct. 24 & Nov. 21
$715 – Facilitator Training Program
$185 – NatureArt Adventure Box (required materials)
Installment Plan Available (2 Payments)
Qualified applicants may be eligible to receive scholarship funds.
Already have the NatureArt Box?
$35 – Fall Materials Update
Need to restock? Click for links on where to purchase.
“Working with you is one of the things that most influenced my teaching… Give attention to the moment and magical things happen.”
-Lorraine M., Teacher, Blue Rock School