Strawtown Studio Seeking Educator for Summer Nature Arts Program and More!
Strawtown is seeking a part-time educator to work during its summer program, as well as to help cultivate and lead programs in Westchester and Rockland year-round.
The Summer Staff will assist the program directors in leading the daily activities of the Summer Discovery Days program. The Summer Art Staff Member will be responsible for guiding children and teens ages 7-12 in outdoor explorations in woodland and river environments, and assisting children with fine art and crafts in both studio and outdoor settings. Tasks include: contributing to the daily planning session, preparing natural and fine art materials for art and science exploration, staging outdoor and indoor spaces for activities, leading games during transition times, cleaning up after activities (putting away materials and tools, sweeping, mopping), preparing afternoon snack, aiding children with their gear, and contributing to debrief sessions at the end of each day.
- 18 years or older
- enjoy and have experience working with children
- enjoy and have skills for dialoguing with children, listening and responding with interest and furthering their questioning and exploratory process
- enjoy and have experience with time in the outdoors (ie: camping, hiking, exploring, bird watching, gardening, boating, etc.)
- must have leading energy and enthusiasm for daily outings involving hiking to outdoor classrooms in stream and woodland environments
- must have an aptitude for fine art and crafts
- Westchester-based preferred
Please apply on the Contact Page where you can tell us about yourself and upload your resume.
Summer Program Info Link: https://strawtownstudio.org/our-programs/summer-discovery-days
For ages 7-12
Dates: 7 weeks, July 1 – Aug 15
Monday – Thursday (except week 1 is M-W because of 4th of July)
Program is 9:30am – 4:00pm (with an 8:30 early drop-off option),
Staff hours are 8/8:30am – 5:00pm.
3 full days, Tues, Wed, Thurs, June 25, 26 and 27th.
Questions? Call (845) 596-8171